Sunday, November 25, 2012

Violence and Sex in media has direct correlation with negative teen behavior


The start of sex, violence and gruesomeness in public media and its increase 

Types of media and its direct effect: video games, TV, movies, Internet

Types of teen behaviors that result from violence in the media

Teen behaviors  and how it affects the public

Preventions of these behaviors 

Sex and violence are mostly related to the public media through Television, the Internet and video games. All of which are easily accessibly by children and teens of all ages.  This is paramount in that these children and teens are still in their growing years of life and are constantly changing their behaviors by mimicking what they see as normal or even “cool” to be or what society approves of. Heavily gruesome scenes, sites and images constantly influence them. In my final project I will start by using my own research from news articles and journals to first give some back ground on sex and violence in the media and when it started to drastically increase. Then I will show articles that directly point research that claims that violence in the media has a direct effect on these children. I will then explain what kinds of behaviors are considered violent and inappropriate and what kinds of behaviors were caused by these media influences.  I will probably ask my expert here a question about teen behavior and ask what sorts of behavior is most likely to occur as a result. I will then explain how these behaviors can eventually affect the public on a social level and how it can even take lives (such as school shootings). I might also ask my expert something about how teen behavior caused by violence and crime in media affects the public. Lastly, I’ll be talking about prevention and how the media or these teen behaviors can be prevented via parents or government or any kind of control.


No comments:

Post a Comment